Friday, May 11, 2012

LF Experiences - Birte (Germany)


We have Language Friends from all over the world and the beauty of the program is that you don't have to be native. An example of this is Birte, from Germany. 

At the beginning she was worried about not being a native... She turned out to be one of the student's favorites. One day she had 7 students with her!

1. Where do you come from?
I am from Germany, more precisely from Hamburg.
2. What are you studying?
My main subject is German literature and my second subject is philosophy. So I don't normally get in touch with the English language in my studies.
3. How did you hear about the project?
I met Bea and Anna, who are part of the project, at an information fair for my university. It was fun to talk to them and the project sounded very interesting to me, so I thought I will just give it a try.
4. Do you feel that students appreciate your attendance?
The students are awesome without any exception. They are really grateful and it was very easy to get in contact with them. It always feels good when they are reacting happily every time you show up in class.
5. In your opinion, what is the best thing that the project has to offer?
The definitely best thing of this project was that I learned so much in so many different ways. I got to know great new people, new cultures, I also improved my English and I learned a lot about myself, which was maybe the greatest thing.

Thank you Birte. We will miss you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment